Date: May 26, 2021
Event Type: Road
Course Description: The 2021 Aspen Cycling Club race season begins with the Lower River Road Time Trial. The first racer departs at 6:00pm and racers start every 30 seconds. Racers begin just below the intersection of Gerbaz Way and Lower River Road, then ride northwest on Lower River Road, turn around just before the bridge at Highway 82, then ride back toward the start. Finish line is approximately .85 miles northwest of the start line. The race is 8.8 miles in length.
Course Map: View the course on Ride with GPS.
Social Distancing Protocol and Start Times
To help ensure the safety of all racers, volunteers and staff, we will follow these protocols:
- Please check in and pick up your bib numbers at least 15 minutes before the first racer’s start time.
- You will receive your start time in advance of the race via email.
- Please arrive in the start queue no later than 30 seconds before your start time, but no earlier than 10 minutes before your start time. Do not congregate with other riders at the start or finish. Failure to meet this requirement will mean a forfeiture of start position and relegation to end of start list.
- We will not have start line holders for time trials. All racers must start from a full stop with one foot on the ground.
- Leave 6 feet of distance between yourself and other riders when passing or being passed. Announce yourself when passing.
- Individuals at high risk for COVID-19 are asked to stay home.
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home.
Warm-Up: Please do not warm up on the race course after 6:00pm. After that time, please ride toward Woody Creek on River Road. Be respectful of traffic and property during your warmup. Do not block cars, and do not urinate in public. If caught urinating, you will be disqualified from the evening’s race. Plan accordingly.
Parking Info: Very limited parking is available at Jaffe Park and near Woody Creek Tavern.
Volunteer: To sign up to marshal for this race or any race go to the Marshal Sign-Up
Race Check-In: Check-in is not required for time trial races.
We will issue your race numbers at your first race. You will keep the same number for the entire season.
Categories: Click Here for more information about our race categories.
Race Cancellation Policy: PLEASE DO NOT PHONE OR TEXT THE RACE DIRECTOR FOR RACE CANCELLATION INFORMATION. In the event of inclement weather on race day, the Aspen Cycling Club Board of Directors will communicate with the Race Director to determine the Club’s ability to operate a race that is reasonably safe for competitors, and, for mountain bike races, preserves the integrity of local trails. All racers should assume that a final decision will be made at the start line by the race director. However, when possible, the Board of Directors will alert racers of a race cancellation prior to the start by emailing the Club email group, and posting on the website and the ACC Facebook page by 5pm.
Refund Policy: Race entry fees are non-refundable.