- Date: June 19, 2024
- Event Type: Road
- Location: Registration and start line will be 2 miles up the Frying Pan Road from Basalt
- Parking: Limited parking at the start. Most racers park in Basalt and ride to the start.
In order to accurately collect your finish time and position, you need to pin your number in the correct position (see images). The high speed finish camera needs to see your bib as you cross the line. If the camera can’t see your bib, you don’t get a time.
The bib needs to be placed on your RIGHT RIB CAGE so that it can be read while your hands are on the handlebars. USE FOUR (OR MORE) PINS. DO NOT FOLD NUMBER. Racers need to keep their hands on their bars (don’t sit up) when crossing the finish line. Bibs should be pinned on the right rib cage.
Course Description: Both the short and long course share the same first 13 miles. From the start approximately 1.5 miles up Frying Pan Road from Basalt, the course heads east up the Frying Pan Road past Ruedi Reservoir to the high point above the reservoir at mile marker 17.
Short Course: Short course categories will turn around at mile marker 17 (where indicated by a marker/Marshal) and reverse course to the finish line near mile marker 4 (about 2 miles up from the start line). Race distance for this group is about 28 miles.
Long Course: From the high point above the reservoir the long course categories will continue east on the Frying Pan Road to the Norrie Colony (about 25 miles from the start) where they will reverse course and ride to finish line near mile marker 4 (about 2 miles up from the start line). There will be a Marshal or marker at the turnaround point. For these three groups, the race features approximately 48 miles of racing and 3,000 feet of climbing.
Wave 1: 6:00 pm – Long Course – Men’s A
Wave 2: 6:05 pm – Long Course – Women’s A / Men’s B
Wave 3: 6:10 pm – Short Course – All other categories
Middle School Restriction: Because this is a road race on open roads Middle School racers are NOT eligible to compete.
Race Entries: Season registration and race entries close at 8:00 PM the night before each race. Please scroll down for registration and race entry.
Warm-Up: Please do not warm up on the race course after 6:00 PM. Be respectful of traffic and property during your warmup. Do not block cars, and do not urinate in public. If caught urinating, you will be disqualified from the evening’s race. Plan accordingly.
- All racers must verbally check-in at each mass start race. Racer check-in will take place from 5:00 PM to 5:45 PM at the start of the race (unless specifically noted otherwise).
- Check-in is not required for time-trial races.
- We will issue your race numbers at your first race. You will keep the same number for the entire season.
Volunteer: To sign up to marshal for this race or any race go to the Marshal Sign-Up
Race Cancellation Policy: Please do not phone or text the race director for race cancellation information. In the event of inclement weather on race day, the Aspen Cycling Club Board of Directors will communicate with the Race Director to determine the Club’s ability to operate a race that is reasonably safe for competitors, and, for mountain bike races, preserves the integrity of local trails. All racers should assume that a final decision will be made at the start line by the race director. However, when possible, the Board of Directors will alert racers of a race cancellation prior to the start by emailing the Club email group, and posting on the website and the ACC Facebook page by 5.00 PM.
Refund Policy: Race entry fees are non-refundable
SEASON REGISTRATION AND RACE ENTRIES
Required for all racers. You must be registered as a member or guest by 8:00 PM the night before your first race. Season registration closes at 8:00 PM the night before each race and will re-open after each race. Please note that race entries also close at 8:00 PM – if you plan to race the next day be sure to start your season registration before 8:00 PM and allow enough time to also complete your race entry by 8:00.
- All racers must enter time-trial races online by 8:00 PM the night before the race. Start lists will be posted on this page by 10:00 PM the night before.
- Guests must enter ALL races online. Race entries close at 8:00 PM the night before the race.
- Members: Once registered for the season, members are not required to enter mass start races online and may simply check-in at the race director’s table at least 15 minutes prior to the race. Online entry is still required for time trail races.
Categories: Click Here for more information about our race categories
You only need to do this once for the season.
You must be registered for the season by 8:00 PM
the night before your first race.
Guest entries open one week prior to the race.
They close at 8:00 PM the night before the race.