Date: July 5, 2023
Event Type: Road Race
Location & Parking: CMC Spring Valley Parking Lot
- Riders will start near the Colorado Mountain College parking lots on Spring Valley Road (CR 114).
- Ride north up Spring Valley Road to the intersection with Red Canyon Road (CR 115).
- Turn right and follow Red Canyon Road east.
- Turn right (south) onto Coulter Creek Road (CR 121).
- Quickly turn left onto eastbound Upper Cattle Creek (CR 113), which riders will follow east and continue on Upper Cattle Creek as it turns into CR 122.
- Follow Upper Cattle Creek as it turns southbound.
- Turn right on Mountain View Road, then a quick left on Green Meadow Drive.
- Turn right onto Fender Lane (CR 102).
- Follow Fender lane until it intersects with Catherine Store Road (CR 100)
- Turn right and follow Catherine Store northbound, then continue north at the intersection onto CR 113.
- Turn right onto westbound Upper Cattle Creek Road and complete a second loop of Upper Cattle Creek, Green Meadow, Fender, and Catherine store.
- At the completion of the second loop, continue north on CR 113 until the hard left onto CR 115 (Red Canyon), then continue westbound on Red Canyon until the finish line just before the turn off to High Aspen Ranch.
- Short course riders will skip the second Fender/Catherine Store loop and proceed directly to the finishing area.
Course Map: https://caltopo.com/m/TDME
Waves / Start Times / Laps:
Wave 1: Time 6:00PM – Long Course – Men’s A
Wave 2: Time 6:03PM – Long Course – Men’s B, Women’s A
Wave 3: Time 6:06PM – Short Course – All other categories
Middle School Restriction: Because this is a road race on open roads Middle School racers are NOT eligible to compete.
Race Entries: Season registration and race entries close at 8:00 PM the night before each race. Please scroll down for registration and race entry.
Warm-Up: Please do not warm up on the race course after 6:00 PM. Be respectful of traffic and property during your warmup. Do not block cars, and do not urinate in public. If caught urinating, you will be disqualified from the evening’s race. Plan accordingly.
- All racers must verbally check-in at each mass start race. Racer check-in will take place from 5:00 PM to 5:45 PM at the start of the race (unless specifically noted otherwise).
- Check-in is not required for time-trial races.
- We will issue your race numbers at your first race. You will keep the same number for the entire season.
Volunteer: To sign up to marshal for this race or any race go to the Marshal Sign-Up
Race Cancellation Policy: Please do not phone or text the race director for race cancellation information. In the event of inclement weather on race day, the Aspen Cycling Club Board of Directors will communicate with the Race Director to determine the Club’s ability to operate a race that is reasonably safe for competitors, and, for mountain bike races, preserves the integrity of local trails. All racers should assume that a final decision will be made at the start line by the race director. However, when possible, the Board of Directors will alert racers of a race cancellation prior to the start by emailing the Club email group, and posting on the website and the ACC Facebook page by 5.00 PM.
Refund Policy: Race entry fees are non-refundable
SEASON REGISTRATION AND RACE ENTRIES
Required for all racers. You must be registered as a member or guest by 8:00 PM the night before your first race. Season registration closes at 8:00 PM the night before each race and will re-open after each race. Please note that race entries also close at 8:00 PM – if you plan to race the next day be sure to start your season registration before 8:00 PM and allow enough time to also complete your race entry by 8:00.
- All racers must enter time-trial races online by 8:00 PM the night before the race. Start lists will be posted on this page by 10:00 PM the night before.
- Guests must enter ALL races online. Race entries close at 8:00 PM the night before the race.
- Members: Once registered for the season, members are not required to enter mass start races online and may simply check-in at the race director’s table at least 15 minutes prior to the race. Online entry is still required for time trail races.
Categories: Click Here for more information about our race categories
Registration for the Missouri Heights race has closed.