ALL RACERS MUST REGISTER ONLINE FOR TIME TRIALS.
ONLINE ENTRIES CLOSE AT 8:00 PM THE NIGHT BEFORE THE RACE.
SCROLL DOWN FOR RACE ENTRIES.
Date: August 25, 2021
Location: Starts at base of Highlands
Start Time: 6:00 pm
Event Type: Road Race
Start List: The start list will be posted here by 10:00 PM the night before the race..
Note: Do not ride past the ranger station during your warm-up (the Forest Service may count you as a racer and we may exceed our race permit cap). Please turn around 200 yards before the ranger station during your warmup.
Course Description: The Maroon Bells Time Trial will start near the entrance to the Aspen Highlands Ski Area on Maroon Creek Road. The course is approximately 7 miles in length with an elevation gain of 1400 ft. It finishes at the highest section of paved roadway, the bus stop loop next to the visitor center buildings at the end of Maroon Creek Road.
Check out the Maroon Bells Strava Segment here
- Please pick up your bib numbers at least 15 minutes before the first rider’s starting time.
- All riders will start with one foot on the ground.
- Please arrive in the start area no later than 30 seconds before your start time, but no earlier than 10 minutes before your start time. Do not congregate with other riders at the start or finish. Failure to meet this requirement will mean a forfeiture of start position and relegation to end of start list.
- At the starting area, leave six feet of distance between yourself and all other riders.
- Please wear a mask until 60 seconds before your start.
- Individuals at high risk for COVID-19 are asked to stay home.
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home.
Volunteer: To sign up to marshal for this race or any race go to the Marshal Sign-Up
Race Check-In: Race bib pick-up will take place from 5:00 PM to 5:45 PM at the start of the race (unless specifically noted otherwise). Please wear a mask when checking-in.
Check-in is not required for time trial races for racers that already have their bib numbers.
We will issue your race numbers at your first race. You will keep the same number for the entire season.
Categories: Click Here for more information about our race categories.
Race Cancellation Policy: PLEASE DO NOT PHONE OR TEXT THE RACE DIRECTOR FOR RACE CANCELLATION INFORMATION. In the event of inclement weather on race day, the Aspen Cycling Club Board of Directors will communicate with the Race Director to determine the Club’s ability to operate a race that is reasonably safe for competitors, and, for mountain bike races, preserves the integrity of local trails. All racers should assume that a final decision will be made at the start line by the race director. However, when possible, the Board of Directors will alert racers of a race cancellation prior to the start by emailing the Club email group, and posting on the website and the ACC Facebook page by 5pm.
Refund Policy: Race entry fees are non-refundable.
Warm-Up: Please do not warm up on the race course after 6:00pm. Be respectful of traffic and property during your warmup. Do not block cars, and do not urinate in public. If caught urinating, you will be disqualified from the evening’s race. Plan accordingly.
You only need to do this once for the season