ALL RACERS MUST REGISTER ONLINE FOR TIME TRIALS.
ONLINE ENTRIES CLOSE AT 8:00 PM THE NIGHT BEFORE THE RACE.
THE START LIST WILL BE PUBLISHED ON THIS PAGE BY 8:00 PM TUESDAY NIGHT.
SCROLL DOWN FOR RACE ENTRIES.
Date: August 25, 2021
Location: Starts at base of Highlands
Start Time: 6:00 pm
Event Type: Road Race
Start List: View / Download
Note: Do not ride past the ranger station during your warm-up (the Forest Service may count you as a racer and we may exceed our race permit cap). Please turn around 200 yards before the ranger station during your warmup.
Course Description: The Maroon Bells Time Trial will start near the entrance to the Aspen Highlands Ski Area on Maroon Creek Road. The course is approximately 7 miles in length with an elevation gain of 1400 ft. It finishes at the highest section of paved roadway, the bus stop loop next to the visitor center buildings at the end of Maroon Creek Road.
Check out the Maroon Bells Strava Segment here
Race Entries: Season registration and race entries close at 8:00 PM the night before each race. Please scroll down for registration and race entry.
Warm-Up: Please do not warm up on the race course after 6:00pm. Be respectful of traffic and property during your warmup. Do not block cars, and do not urinate in public. If caught urinating, you will be disqualified from the evening’s race. Plan accordingly.
- All racers must verbally check-in at each mass start.
- Check-in is not required for time-trial races.
- Racer check-in will take place from 5:00 PM to 5:45 PM at the start of the race (unless specifically noted otherwise).
- We will issue your race numbers at your first race. You will keep the same number for the entire season.
Volunteer: To sign up to marshal for this race or any race go to the Marshal Sign-Up
- Please check in and pick up your bib numbers at least 15 minutes before your starting time.
- Please arrive in the start area no later than 30 seconds before your start time, but no earlier than 10 minutes before your start time. Do not congregate with other riders at the start or finish.
- At the starting area, leave six feet of distance between yourself and all other riders.
- Individuals at high risk for COVID-19 are asked to stay home.
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home.
Race Cancellation Policy: Please do not phone or text the race director for race cancellation information. In the event of inclement weather on race day, the Aspen Cycling Club Board of Directors will communicate with the Race Director to determine the Club’s ability to operate a race that is reasonably safe for competitors, and, for mountain bike races, preserves the integrity of local trails. All racers should assume that a final decision will be made at the start line by the race director. However, when possible, the Board of Directors will alert racers of a race cancellation prior to the start by emailing the Club email group, and posting on the website and the ACC Facebook page by 5pm.
Refund Policy: Race entry fees are non-refundable
SEASON REGISTRATION AND RACE ENTRIES
Required for all racers. You must be registered as a member or guest by 8:00 PM the night before your first race. Season registration closes at 8:00 PM the night before each race and will re-open after each race.
- All racers must enter all time-trial races online by 8:00 PM the night before the race. Start lists will be posted on this page by 10:00 PM the night before.
- Guests must enter all races online. Race entries close at 8:00 PM the night before the race.
- Members: Once registered for the season members are not required to enter mass start races online and may simply check-in at the race director’s table at least 15 minutes prior to the race.
Categories: Click Here for more information about our race categorie
You only need to do this once for the season