Date: August 4, 2021
Event Type: Mountain Bike
Start Time: 6:00pm
Parking Info: Brush Creek Park and Ride (aka Intercept Lot).
Location: Registration and the start line will be located across Hwy 82 from the Intercept Lot at the intersection of Highway 82 and Brush Creek Road. Use the underpass.
Course Description: All races start across Hwy 82 from the Brush Creek intercept lot. Follow Brush Creek Trail to Cozyline connector, climb Cozyline to Skyline, take Skyline to Deadline, descend Deadline and turn right on Highline, follow Highline to Hidden Valley Road.
- Short course finish: At the bottom of Highline racers will take a right on Hidden Valley Road and ride to finish line.
- Long Course finish: At the bottom of Highline racers will cross Hidden Valley Road and climb Viewline to the intersection with Deadline, descend Deadline & Highline again, then turn right on Hidden Valley Road and ride to the finish line.
Course Map: Long course showing short course cutoff
Wave 1: Time 6:00 – Long Course – Men’s A
Wave 2: Time 6:03 – Long Course – Women’s A, Men’s B
Wave 3: Time 6:35 – Short Course – All other categories (NOTE: Later start so that long course racers to finish 2nd Deadline descent before short course racers are on Deadline)
Race Entries: Season registration and race entries close at 8:00 PM the night before each race. Please scroll down for registration and race entry.
Warm-Up: Please do not warm up on the race course after 6:00pm. Be respectful of traffic and property during your warmup. Do not block cars, and do not urinate in public. If caught urinating, you will be disqualified from the evening’s race. Plan accordingly.
- All racers must verbally check-in at each mass start.
- Check-in is not required for time-trial races.
- Racer check-in will take place from 5:00 PM to 5:45 PM at the start of the race (unless specifically noted otherwise).
- We will issue your race numbers at your first race. You will keep the same number for the entire season.
Volunteer: To sign up to marshal for this race or any race go to the Marshal Sign-Up
- Please check in and pick up your bib numbers at least 15 minutes before your starting time.
- Please arrive in the start area no later than 30 seconds before your start time, but no earlier than 10 minutes before your start time. Do not congregate with other riders at the start or finish.
- At the starting area, leave six feet of distance between yourself and all other riders.
- Individuals at high risk for COVID-19 are asked to stay home.
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home.
Race Cancellation Policy: Please do not phone or text the race director for race cancellation information. In the event of inclement weather on race day, the Aspen Cycling Club Board of Directors will communicate with the Race Director to determine the Club’s ability to operate a race that is reasonably safe for competitors, and, for mountain bike races, preserves the integrity of local trails. All racers should assume that a final decision will be made at the start line by the race director. However, when possible, the Board of Directors will alert racers of a race cancellation prior to the start by emailing the Club email group, and posting on the website and the ACC Facebook page by 5pm.
Refund Policy: Race entry fees are non-refundable
SEASON REGISTRATION AND RACE ENTRIES
Required for all racers. You must be registered as a member or guest by 8:00 PM the night before your first race. Season registration closes at 8:00 PM the night before each race and will re-open after each race.
- All racers must enter all time-trial races online by 8:00 PM the night before the race. Start lists will be posted on this page by 10:00 PM the night before.
- Guests must enter all races online. Race entries close at 8:00 PM the night before the race.
- Members: Once registered for the season members are not required to enter mass start races online and may simply check-in at the race director’s table at least 15 minutes prior to the race.
Categories: Click Here for more information about our race categorie
You only need to do this once for the season.
You must be registered for the season by 8:00 PM
the night before your first race.
Guest entries open one week prior to the race.
They close at 8:00 PM the night before the race.