Date: April 24, 2024
Event Type: MTB TT
Location: Jaffe Park
Parking Info: Very limited parking is available at Jaffe Park and near Woody Creek Tavern.
Start Time: 6:00 pm
Start List: View/Download Start List
Important Race Information
- Online race entries are required for time trail races for ALL RACERS (including members and juniors). All racers must enter this race by 8:00 PM the night before the race. Scroll down for race entry information.
- Start lists will be posted on this page by 10:00 PM the night before the race. Racers will be grouped by category and start times randomly assigned within each group. Special start time requests will not be granted – please don’t ask.
- Race numbers must be picked up at the race director’s table beginning at 5:00 PM. Please pick up your number at least 20 minutes prior to your start time to allow time to pin your number. You will keep your number for the entire season.
- Do not cut, trim, or fold your race numbers – it makes it difficult for the finish line volunteers to pick out your number from the various colors and logos on a fast moving jersey.
- Race numbers must be pinned to the right side of you torso so as to be readable from the side when you are bent over in a riding position
- Please arrive at the start queue at least 2 minutes prior to your start time.
- We will not have a bike holder at the start line. All racers must start from a full stop with one foot on the ground.
- Drafting is not allowed in time trial races and will result in a time penalty.
- Do not congregate on the road near the finish line and do not ask the finish crew for your time.
Course Description: The 20214 Aspen Cycling Club race season begins with Reverse Slaughter Time Trial. The first racer departs at 6:00pm and racers start every 30 seconds. Racers begin at Jaffe Park and race up the dirt road and follow the dirt ontp Rio Grande Trail all the way tp Stein Park at Slaughterhouse Bridge. The race is approx 4.43 miles and 345 vertical climb
Course Map: View the course on STRAVA
Race Entries: Season registration and race entries close at 8:00 PM the night before each race. Please scroll down for registration and race entry.
Warm-Up: Please do not warm up on the race course after 6:00 PM. Be respectful of traffic and property during your warmup. Do not block cars, and do not urinate in public. If caught urinating, you will be disqualified from the evening’s race. Plan accordingly.
- All racers must verbally check-in at each mass start race. Racer check-in will take place from 5:00 PM to 5:45 PM at the start of the race (unless specifically noted otherwise).
- Check-in is not required for time-trial races.
- We will issue your race numbers at your first race. You will keep the same number for the entire season.
Volunteer: To sign up to marshal for this race or any race go to the Marshal Sign-Up
Race Cancellation Policy: Please do not phone or text the race director for race cancellation information. In the event of inclement weather on race day, the Aspen Cycling Club Board of Directors will communicate with the Race Director to determine the Club’s ability to operate a race that is reasonably safe for competitors, and, for mountain bike races, preserves the integrity of local trails. All racers should assume that a final decision will be made at the start line by the race director. However, when possible, the Board of Directors will alert racers of a race cancellation prior to the start by emailing the Club email group, and posting on the website and the ACC Facebook page by 5.00 PM.
Refund Policy: Race entry fees are non-refundable
SEASON REGISTRATION AND RACE ENTRIES
Required for all racers. You must be registered as a member or guest by 8:00 PM the night before your first race. Season registration closes at 8:00 PM the night before each race and will re-open after each race. Please note that race entries also close at 8:00 PM – if you plan to race the next day be sure to start your season registration before 8:00 PM and allow enough time to also complete your race entry by 8:00.
- All racers must enter time-trial races online by 8:00 PM the night before the race. Start lists will be posted on this page by 10:00 PM the night before.
- Guests must enter ALL races online. Race entries close at 8:00 PM the night before the race.
- Members: Once registered for the season, members are not required to enter mass start races online and may simply check-in at the race director’s table at least 15 minutes prior to the race. Online entry is still required for time trail races.
Categories: Click Here for more information about our race categories