Date: July 7, 2021
Event Type: Mountain Bike
Location: Start line will be at Base Village in Snowmass Village
Start Time: 6:00pm
Entry List: View / Download
Course Description: This week, all classes will race the same course. Registration and the start line will be at Base Village in Snowmass Village. From the start line, the race will head uphill under the Elk Camp Gondola and up the work road until connecting with the Alpine Springs Access Road. Turn left onto Alpine Springs Access Road. Head uphill on the road until the intersection of Government Trail.
Turn Left onto the Government trail. Ride Government all the way to Buttermilk and Tiehack. When the trail comes out on the pavement continue downhill on the road for about 200 yards. Just before the Tiehack bridge, take a hard right onto a downhill section of trail passing under the bridge. At the bottom of the double track road, take a hard left onto the Maroon Creek Trail. Race along this sweet riverside trail until crossing under the Highway 82 Maroon Creek Bridge. You’ll then have a short punchy climb up a dirt and gravel road to the finish line next to the golf course.
Wave 1: 6:00pm – Men’s A
Wave 2: 6:03pm – Women’s A, Men’s B
Wave 3: 6:06pm – All other categories
- Please check in and pick up your bib numbers at least 15 minutes before your starting time.
- Please arrive in the start area no later than 30 seconds before your start time, but no earlier than 10 minutes before your start time. Do not congregate with other riders at the start or finish. Failure to meet this requirement will mean a forfeiture of start position and relegation to end of start list.
- At the starting area, leave six feet of distance between yourself and all other riders.
- Please wear a mask until 60 seconds before your start.
- Individuals at high risk for COVID-19 are asked to stay home.
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home.
Race Day Sign-In: Registration is all online in 2021. There will be no race-day registration. Sign in opens at 5:00pm at the START LINE.
Parking: Please use the free parking in Snowmass Base Village Garage for start. Course finishes near Aspen Golf Course, and parking is limited.
Warm-Up: Please do not warm up on the race course after 6:00pm. Be respectful of traffic and property during your warmup. Do not block cars, and do not urinate in public. If caught urinating, you will be disqualified from the evening’s race. Plan accordingly.