Date: Wednesday, August 23, 2023
Event Type: Mountain Bike
Location: Snowmass Base Village, Fanny Hill
Parking: Base Village
Mini MTB Course for youth entering 1st-8th grade. This race will take place before the short course. Check in at start of SM Discovery, trailside of parking lot #10. (3:45-4:15pm). Must sign up here and bring signed waiver
Parents must stay on site and help marshal the mini course.
PARENT’S OF MINI COURSE RIDERS PLEASE BE AT THE START BY 4:15PM FOR MARSHALL ASSIGNMENTS
- Climb work road from Snowmass Base Village
- Climb Discovery to intersection with Village Bound
- Climb Village Bound to work road to Cross Mountain
- Take Cross Mountain to French Press
- Take French Press down and continue onto Viking and then Verde and then work road down towards Base Village
- At the Base Village, turn left and continue up work road
- Short Course finish below stage
- Long course continues up and climb Discovery to intersection of Village Bound
- Descend Village Bound down work road down Fanny Hill singletrack
- At Base Village, turn back up road to and climb road
- Long Course finish below stage
Short course: One long loop connecting Discovery, Cross Mountain, and French Press with finish below stage on work road above base village. Approximately 8 miles.
Long course: Full short course loop plus a small loop on Discovery/Village Bound, Fanny Hill descent, with finish below stage on work road above Base Village. Approximately 12.6 miles.
Wave 1 – 6:00PM- Long Course (Men’s A)
Wave 2 – 6:03 PM- Long Course (Men’s B and Women’s A)
Wave 3 – 6:05PM- Short Course (All remaining Categories)
MINI MTB Course Description
PLEASE NOTE THAT REGISTRATION IS THE START OF DISCOVERY SINGLE TRACK, LEVEL WITH PARKING LOT #10. CHILDREN SHOULD BE AT THE BEGINNING OF DISCOVERY TRAIL BY 4:25PM. FINISH IS AT BASE VILLAGE.
Mini course (5th-8th grade): One long lap. Starting at the beginning of the Discovery single track and climbing to TEEPEE of Village Bound and descend Village Bound and descend the s curves on Fanny Hill (red to purple course, back to red on map.)
Mini course (1-4th grade): One lap course starting at the beginning of the Discovery single track climbing to the first intersection of Discovery and Village Bound and then descend on Village Bound, to s curves on Fanny Hill (only red on map).
Wave 1 – 4:30PM- Mini Course (5-8th grade)
Wave 2 – 4:33PM Mini Course (1-4th Grade)
Mini Course Map
Race Entries: Season registration and race entries close at 8:00 PM the night before each race. Please scroll down for registration and race entry.
Warm-Up: Please do not warm up on the race course after 6:00 PM. Be respectful of traffic and property during your warmup. Do not block cars, and do not urinate in public. If caught urinating, you will be disqualified from the evening’s race. Plan accordingly.
- All racers must verbally check-in at each mass start race. Racer check-in will take place from 5:00 PM to 5:45 PM at the start of the race (unless specifically noted otherwise).
- Check-in is not required for time-trial races.
- We will issue your race numbers at your first race. You will keep the same number for the entire season.
Volunteer: To sign up to marshal for this race or any race go to the Marshal Sign-Up
Race Cancellation Policy: Please do not phone or text the race director for race cancellation information. In the event of inclement weather on race day, the Aspen Cycling Club Board of Directors will communicate with the Race Director to determine the Club’s ability to operate a race that is reasonably safe for competitors, and, for mountain bike races, preserves the integrity of local trails. All racers should assume that a final decision will be made at the start line by the race director. However, when possible, the Board of Directors will alert racers of a race cancellation prior to the start by emailing the Club email group, and posting on the website and the ACC Facebook page by 5.00 PM.
Refund Policy: Race entry fees are non-refundable
SEASON REGISTRATION AND RACE ENTRIES
Required for all racers. You must be registered as a member or guest by 8:00 PM the night before your first race. Season registration closes at 8:00 PM the night before each race and will re-open after each race. Please note that race entries also close at 8:00 PM – if you plan to race the next day be sure to start your season registration before 8:00 PM and allow enough time to also complete your race entry by 8:00.
- All racers must enter time-trial races online by 8:00 PM the night before the race. Start lists will be posted on this page by 10:00 PM the night before.
- Guests must enter ALL races online. Race entries close at 8:00 PM the night before the race.
- Members: Once registered for the season, members are not required to enter mass start races online and may simply check-in at the race director’s table at least 15 minutes prior to the race. Online entry is still required for time trail races.
Categories: Click Here for more information about our race categories
You only need to do this once for the season.
You must be registered for the season by 8:00 PM
the night before your first race.
Guest entries close at 8:00 PM the night before the race.