Date: Wednesday, May 9, 2024
Event Type: Road Bike
Start Time: 6:00pm
Location: Upper River Road just past Doc Henry Road
Parking Info: Limited parking is available at the lot near the intersection of Upper River Rd and Woody Creek Rd or at the Intercept Lot.
Course Description: From the start line, the course first heads down valley on Upper and Lower River Roads for about 6 miles to a turnaround point ¼ mile above the bridge over the Roaring Fork River in Old Snowmass. From the turnaround point, the course heads back up Lower and Upper River Roads climbing 400 vertical feet to the start line. From here, all racers will veer left onto the WoodyCreek/Lenado Road where the course gently ascends 600 feet over about 4.75 miles. The finish line is located just before the end of the pavement.
Wave 1: 6:00pm – Open Men
Wave 2: 6:02pm – Open Women, Advanced Men
Wave 3: 6:05pm – All Other Categories
Race Entries: Season registration and race entries close at 8:00 PM the night before each race. Please scroll down for registration and race entry.
Warm-Up: Please do not warm up on the race course after 6:00 PM. Be respectful of traffic and property during your warmup. Do not block cars, and do not urinate in public. If caught urinating, you will be disqualified from the evening’s race. Plan accordingly.
- All racers must verbally check-in at each mass start race. Racer check-in will take place from 5:00 PM to 5:45 PM at the start of the race (unless specifically noted otherwise).
- Check-in is not required for time-trial races.
- We will issue your race numbers at your first race. You will keep the same number for the entire season.
Volunteer: To sign up to marshal for this race or any race go to the Marshal Sign-Up
Race Cancellation Policy: Please do not phone or text the race director for race cancellation information. In the event of inclement weather on race day, the Aspen Cycling Club Board of Directors will communicate with the Race Director to determine the Club’s ability to operate a race that is reasonably safe for competitors, and, for mountain bike races, preserves the integrity of local trails. All racers should assume that a final decision will be made at the start line by the race director. However, when possible, the Board of Directors will alert racers of a race cancellation prior to the start by emailing the Club email group, and posting on the website and the ACC Facebook page by 5.00 PM.
Refund Policy: Race entry fees are non-refundable
SEASON REGISTRATION AND RACE ENTRIES
Required for all racers. You must be registered as a member or guest by 8:00 PM the night before your first race. Season registration closes at 8:00 PM the night before each race and will re-open after each race. Please note that race entries also close at 8:00 PM – if you plan to race the next day be sure to start your season registration before 8:00 PM and allow enough time to also complete your race entry by 8:00.
- All racers must enter time-trial races online by 8:00 PM the night before the race. Start lists will be posted on this page by 10:00 PM the night before.
- Guests must enter ALL races online. Race entries close at 8:00 PM the night before the race.
- Members: Once registered for the season, members are not required to enter mass start races online and may simply check-in at the race director’s table at least 15 minutes prior to the race. Online entry is still required for time trail races.
Categories: Click Here for more information about our race categories