SEASON REGISTRATION AND RACE ENTRIES
Required for all racers. You must be registered as a member or guest by 8:00 PM the night before your first race. Season registration closes at 8:00 PM the night before each race and will re-open after each race.
- All racers must enter all time-trial races online by 8:00 PM the night before the race. Start lists will be posted on this page by 10:00 PM the night before.
- Guests must enter all races online. Race entries close at 8:00 PM the night before the race.
- Members: Once registered for the season members are not required to enter mass start races online and may simply check-in at the race director’s table at least 15 minutes prior to the race.
Categories: Click Here for more information about our race categorie
Date: July 28, 2021
Event Type: Road Bike
Location: To reach the start, take the Emma turnoff from Highway 82 just down valley from Basalt and immediately turn left onto East Sopris Creek Road.
Wave 1: 6:00pm – Men’s A
Wave 2: 6:03pm – Women’s A, Men’s B
Wave 3: 6:06pm – All other categories
Middle School Reminder: *** Because this is a road race on open roads Middle School Racers are NOT ELIGIBLE TO COMPETE ****
Course Description: From the race start at the Emma Schoolhouse, racers head up East Sopris Creek Road to a T-intersection with East and West Sopris Creek Roads. Turn left (east) onto East Sopris Creek Road. The paved road gives way to a mag chloride treated dirt surface about a mile up East Sopris Creek and continues on dirt until the crest of the climb. From this point, the road continues as a paved descent into the Capital Creek valley. At the intersection with Capitol Creek Road, ALL racers will turn sharply right and climb Capital Creek Road about 4.5 miles to the turnaround point past the Monastery and just before the end of the pavement. Descend back down Capitol Creek Road to the intersection with Snowmass Creek Road. Bear right onto Snowmass Creek Road. Ride to the end of the pavement with a finish at the intersection of Shield-O Rd and Snowmass Creek Rd. The course for all riders is approximately 21.4 miles with 2,400 feet of elevation gain.
Race Entries: Season registration and race entries close at 8:00 PM the night before each race. Please scroll down for registration and race entry.
Warm-Up: Please do not warm up on the race course after 6:00pm. Be respectful of traffic and property during your warmup. Do not block cars, and do not urinate in public. If caught urinating, you will be disqualified from the evening’s race. Plan accordingly.
- All racers must verbally check-in at each mass start.
- Check-in is not required for time-trial races.
- Racer check-in will take place from 5:00 PM to 5:45 PM at the start of the race (unless specifically noted otherwise).
- We will issue your race numbers at your first race. You will keep the same number for the entire season.
Volunteer: To sign up to marshal for this race or any race go to the Marshal Sign-Up
- Please check in and pick up your bib numbers at least 15 minutes before your starting time.
- Please arrive in the start area no later than 30 seconds before your start time, but no earlier than 10 minutes before your start time. Do not congregate with other riders at the start or finish.
- At the starting area, leave six feet of distance between yourself and all other riders.
- Individuals at high risk for COVID-19 are asked to stay home.
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home.
Race Cancellation Policy: Please do not phone or text the race director for race cancellation information. In the event of inclement weather on race day, the Aspen Cycling Club Board of Directors will communicate with the Race Director to determine the Club’s ability to operate a race that is reasonably safe for competitors, and, for mountain bike races, preserves the integrity of local trails. All racers should assume that a final decision will be made at the start line by the race director. However, when possible, the Board of Directors will alert racers of a race cancellation prior to the start by emailing the Club email group, and posting on the website and the ACC Facebook page by 5pm.
Refund Policy: Race entry fees are non-refundable
You only need to do this once for the season.
You must be registered for the season by 8:00 PM
the night before your first race.
Guest entries open one week prior to the race.
They close at 8:00 PM the night before the race.