Date: September 8, 2021
Location: Owl Creek Road at the entrance to Two Creeks Base Area, Snowmass Village.
Start Time: 5:30pm
Event Type: Road
Course Description: The classic Snowmass Circuit road race starts near the entrance to Two Creeks Base Area on Owl Creek Road in Snowmass Village. At the start, racers will head west on Owl Creek Road and make a right hand turn onto Brush Creek Road for a fast decent. After the descent, racers will make a sharp right-hand turn through the roundabout onto a climb up Highline Road, then make a final right-hand turn back to the Start/Finish on Owl Creek Road. Each lap is approximately 3.7 miles in length.
Course Map: One lap
Waves / Start Times / Laps:
Wave 1: 5:30 PM – 3 LAPS – All categories except Men’s A, Women’s A, Men’s B
Wave 2: At conclusion of Wave 1 (~6:05) – 5 LAPS – Men’s A
Wave 3: Three minutes after Wave 2 (~6:08) – 5 LAPS – Women’s A, Men’s B
NOTE: THE FIRST WAVE STARTS AT 5:30 PM TO ACCOUNT FOR SUNSET TIME
Middle School Reminder: *** Because this is a road race on open roads Middle School Racers are NOT ELIGIBLE TO COMPETE ****
Race Entries: Season registration and race entries close at 8:00 PM the night before each race. Please scroll down for registration and race entry.
Warm-Up: Please do not warm up on the race course after 6:00pm. Be respectful of traffic and property during your warmup. Do not block cars, and do not urinate in public. If caught urinating, you will be disqualified from the evening’s race. Plan accordingly.
- All racers must verbally check-in at each mass start.
- Check-in is not required for time-trial races.
- Racer check-in will take place from 5:00 PM to 5:45 PM at the start of the race (unless specifically noted otherwise).
- We will issue your race numbers at your first race. You will keep the same number for the entire season.
Volunteer: To sign up to marshal for this race or any race go to the Marshal Sign-Up
- Please check in and pick up your bib numbers at least 15 minutes before your starting time.
- Please arrive in the start area no later than 30 seconds before your start time, but no earlier than 10 minutes before your start time. Do not congregate with other riders at the start or finish.
- At the starting area, leave six feet of distance between yourself and all other riders.
- Individuals at high risk for COVID-19 are asked to stay home.
- If you are experiencing COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home.
Race Cancellation Policy: Please do not phone or text the race director for race cancellation information. In the event of inclement weather on race day, the Aspen Cycling Club Board of Directors will communicate with the Race Director to determine the Club’s ability to operate a race that is reasonably safe for competitors, and, for mountain bike races, preserves the integrity of local trails. All racers should assume that a final decision will be made at the start line by the race director. However, when possible, the Board of Directors will alert racers of a race cancellation prior to the start by emailing the Club email group, and posting on the website and the ACC Facebook page by 5pm.
Refund Policy: Race entry fees are non-refundable
SEASON REGISTRATION AND RACE ENTRIES
Required for all racers. You must be registered as a member or guest by 8:00 PM the night before your first race. Season registration closes at 8:00 PM the night before each race and will re-open after each race.
- All racers must enter all time-trial races online by 8:00 PM the night before the race. Start lists will be posted on this page by 10:00 PM the night before.
- Guests must enter all races online. Race entries close at 8:00 PM the night before the race.
- Members: Once registered for the season members are not required to enter mass start races online and may simply check-in at the race director’s table at least 15 minutes prior to the race.
Categories: Click Here for more information about our race categorie
You only need to do this once for the season.
You must be registered for the season by 8:00 PM
the night before your first race.
Guest entries open one week prior to the race.
They close at 8:00 PM the night before the race.